Columbus Daycare Injury Lawyer
The decision to place your child in daycare is tough. As parents, we want what is best for our children, including ensuring that they are in a safe environment when we are not with them. Unfortunately, accidents happen, and some situations are simply outside of our control.
That does not make it any easier if you get a phone call or email stating that your child has been injured while at daycare. You are notified after the accident, which means that you may be getting secondhand information, or information that is not completely true.
If your child has been injured while at a daycare, contact The Dixon Firm, P.C. to speak with our Columbus daycare injury lawyer. We can help you sort through the accident, gather information, and make sure that any responsible party is held accountable.
What are the Causes of Daycare Injuries?
Daycare injuries may be the result of pure accident, negligence, or in the worst cases intentional harm. Some examples of the common causes of daycare injuries reported include:
- Failing to monitor an infant on a changing table resulting in a fall.
- Failing to properly disinfect changing tables or other surfaces resulting in viral or bacterial infections.
- Allowing children to sleep in unsafe positions or bedding.
- Failing to properly supervise children playing in play areas.
- Failing to ensure that children have adequate nutrition and hydration.
- Administering medication without parental consent.
- Failing to administer medication as part of a treatment plan.
- Transporting children off-site without proper safety seats or belts.
- Leaving children in a vehicle unattended.
These are examples of the types of injuries that can occur when caregivers are not properly trained or equipped. There are also some causes of daycare injuries that are more systemic, such as:
- A facility hiring caregivers without conducting background checks or criminal history.
- A facility failing to properly train caregivers.
- Supervisors not adequately monitoring caregivers.
- Allowing caregivers to use physical or verbal abuse as a form of discipline
- Neglecting proper maintenance of the facility, furniture, play areas, and toys.
- Equipping facilities with items that are inappropriate for the ages served.
As a parent, of course you want answers. The daycare injury lawyer at The Dixon Firm, P.C. can help you get them. Contact our office at the first sign of a daycare accident, neglect, or suspected abuse.
Types of Daycare Injuries
Daycare injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to more serious injuries. Most of the time, the injuries that spark parents contacting a law firm are more serious. At The Dixon Firm, P.C., we have helped clients with daycare injury cases involving:
- Cuts, scrapes, or lacerations
- Fractures or broken bones
- Bug or animal bites
- Medication injuries
- Food poisoning
- Allergic reactions
- Mental or emotional injuries
- Sexual abuse
If your child has suffered any of these injuries while under the care of daycare or a child care facility, it is never too soon to contact a daycare injury lawyer. Child care facilities are required to perform in accordance with standards and regulations. When they fail to do so and your child is harmed, they must be held accountable.
Legal Help for Daycare Injury Claims
If your child has been injured at a daycare facility, you may have the option of filing a legal claim against the party or parties responsible. The best thing to do is to contact a daycare injury lawyer who is familiar with Georgia’s daycare laws and standards. Cases against daycare facilities can be complicated and lengthy. Fortunately, The Dixon Firm, P.C. has the knowledge and resources you need. Our office will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident and injuries.
- Gather medical records to review the injury.
- Speak with witnesses and relevant parties about the accident.
- Conduct an investigation into the facility’s hiring and background check processes.
- Review the facility’s records including memos, policies, emails, complaints, etc.
Once our investigation is complete, we will build your case based on what is best for your child and your family. We work with clients every step of the way to ensure that you have the support you need.
Contact The Dixon Firm’s Columbus Daycare Injury Lawyer
There is nothing as devastating as learning that your child was injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, carelessness, or malice. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. we understand how difficult a child injury can be. As parents ourselves, we are passionate about helping our clients get justice for their little ones.
To schedule a free consultation with our Columbus daycare injury lawyer, call us at 404-733-1166, or complete our online contact form to get started.