Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident in Jonesboro, or anywhere in the Metro Atlanta area, it is important that you take steps to protect yourself and your legal rights. Was the accident caused by someone else? Was the other driver insured? Is your car insurance going to cover your medical expenses? These are all common questions after a car accident.
Car accidents happen for many reasons, and the majority are caused by the negligence or recklessness of a driver involved. If you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, get answers to your questions, and find out what sort of compensation you may be entitled to by contacting The Dixon Firm.
At The Dixon Firm, we answer car accident questions for clients every day. Our personal injury lawyers know the “ins” and “outs” of car accident claims, and we can help you find options to obtain the best recovery possible. You don’t have to settle for the first offer an insurance company makes.
What to Do after a Car Accident
If you were involved in a car accident, it is important to understand your legal rights and take steps to protect them. Consider the following tips for what to do after a car accident:
- Take photographs of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Talk to other drivers or witnesses at the scene.
- File a police report and get a copy as soon as possible.
- Get medical treatment and keep all records and invoices.
- Never minimize or write off your pain and any injuries you have suffered.
- Carefully review your auto insurance policy before filing a claim.
There are a few elements of many car accidents that should always prompt you to contact a car accident lawyer before accepting any compensation, claim, or settlement. These include:
- The other driver was impaired, cited, or arrested at the scene.
- The other driver was not insured.
- You suffered serious, disabling, or disfiguring injuries.
Factors like these can complicate even the most seemingly straightforward car accident claims. Protect your legal rights by contacting The Dixon Firm to learn more about overcoming obstacles or complexities like these.
Georgia Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents happen on roadways all across Georgia. Of course, they are more common in Metro Atlanta where major highways intersect and hum with commuters battling the gridlock. Whether you live in a rural area, or in Midtown Atlanta, you may find it interesting to learn just how many car accidents there are in our state each year.
In 2015, the number of car accident injuries and fatalities increased dramatically over the previous decade. In 2016, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released the following information about car accidents in Georgia in 2016:
- There were 151,606 car accident injuries
- There were 1,554 fatalities
- 368 fatalities were caused by impaired driving
- 476 fatalities involved unrestrained occupants
- 266 fatalities were caused by speeding
- 170 fatalities involved motorcyclists (9 were unhelmeted)
- 188 drivers involved in fatal crashes were under 21 years old
- 232 fatalities among pedestrians
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Jonesboro
Georgia lawmakers and law enforcement agencies have been working tirelessly to reduce the number of car accidents, injuries, and fatalities. Several initiatives have been organized across the state to “crack down” on speeding, driving while impaired (DWI), distracted driving, and other reckless or negligent behaviors.
In 2017, law enforcement issued more than 601,000 citations for speeding across the state. Officers issued more than 41,000 citations for impaired driving across the state. Unfortunately, these remain two of the most common causes of car accidents in Jonesboro, and across the state. Other common causes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Road Rage
- Hazardous Road Conditions
- Failing to Yield
- Defective Car Parts
- Driving Improperly for Weather Conditions
No matter what the cause of your car accident, it is important to make sure your legal rights are protected, and that you have every opportunity to recover from your injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Car Accident Lawyers in Jonesboro
At The Dixon Firm, we offer every potential client a free consultation. You have nothing to lose by contact our car accident lawyers, but have the potential to gain a great deal. Our personal injury lawyers work hard to make sure that those responsible for your injuries are held accountable. We also use our resources to maximize your recovery so you can move forward with good health and financial stability. Contact our office to schedule your free consultation by calling 404-733-1166.