Riverdale Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Ridesharing has come a long way from the poorly-lit parking lots close to major intersections. Now, catching a ride is convenient, and can be scheduled with the touch of an app. Major rideshare companies Uber and Lyft have simplified the way that commuters ride, and are a presence all across Metro-Atlanta. In fact, some estimates suggest that there are more than 5,000 Uber drivers in Georgia currently.
While ridesharing is a great way to save on fuel, avoid the hassles of driving, or secure a ride home after a night out, it can be just as dangerous as riding in any other vehicle. The difference is that getting compensation can be more complicated after a rideshare accident.
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, contact our rideshare accident lawyer in Riverdale. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. we can help you understand the complexities of rideshare accidents, protect your rights, and get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Like other auto accidents, rideshare accidents occur for many reasons. The most common causes reported in rideshare accident claims include:
- A passenger was injured while riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle.
- The driver of another car was injured after being struck by an Uber or Lyft vehicle.
- A pedestrian was struck while waiting for an Uber or Lyft, or while near the roadway generally.
These accidents are often attributed to:
- Distracted Driving (drivers rely on the app and GPS)
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Drunk driving
In any of these situations, your first concern is getting medical treatment, then sorting through insurance or other claims. This is where it becomes extremely important to contact The Dixon Firm, P.C. about your case.
What to Do after a Rideshare Accident
Auto accidents are traumatic, and immediately afterward, it is easy to be overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. As you prepare to move forward with a rideshare accident claim, take the following steps to better prepare:
- Prioritize health and safety.
- Collect necessary information from any parties involved, or witness to the accident.
- Don’t let anyone else speak for you or try to express your thoughts or experience.
- Inform your insurance agent of the accident, but tell them it is still under investigation.
- Do not agree to any settlement offer without speaking with a lawyer.
- Collect a copy of the police report filed at the scene.
- Keep copies of any expenses related to the accident, including medical expenses, rental cars, lost wages, etc.
Why You Should Contact a Rideshare Accident Lawyer
As noted before, rideshare accident cases are more complicated due to a variety of factors. Most notably:
- Uber and Lyft drivers may not be employees of those companies, and are sometimes contractors. That means that his or her personal auto insurance may not cover your losses.
- Because drivers are sometimes contractors, Uber and Lyft may deny responsibility for the accident.
- Uber and Lyft carry insurance policies, but don’t always cover accident victims.
While these factors may complicate cases, The Dixon Firm, P.C. can sort through the facts of your case and find the most suitable options for you to recover from your accident.
Why Choose The Dixon Firm, P.C.
After being injured in an auto accident, the last thing you need to worry about is how you will get the compensation you deserve. Yes, rideshare accident cases are more complicated. However, that does not mean that they cannot be successful. The Dixon Firm, P.C. ensures that you are not alone throughout the accident claim process.
Not only are we skilled at working auto accident cases, but we are passionate about helping victims protect their legal rights. Even if that means taking a stand against big companies with their own legal teams. Our goal is to be there for our clients every step of the way, offering sound legal guidance that gets the best outcome possible.