Riverdale Truck Accident Lawyer
Metro-Atlanta roadways are frequented by large trucks. Tractor-trailers, big rigs, semis – no matter what you call them, these beasts of the road are formidable. When an auto accident happens and a tractor-trailer is involved, the result is often catastrophic. Standard cars, trucks, or SUVs are no match for the size and weight of a tractor-trailer.
Truck accidents happen frequently on Metro-Atlanta roads. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. our truck accident lawyer in Riverdale has worked with numerous clients who have been injured in truck accidents. Contact us today to learn more about your legal rights after a truck accident.
How Common are Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents are not as common as car accidents, but they often involve multiple vehicles, and cause more catastrophic injuries. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reported that across the United States, there were 3,598 fatal truck accidents. There were 415,000 truck accidents resulting in nonfatal injuries.
In Georgia, truck accidents account for a large number of injuries and deaths each year. In 2015, the FMCSA estimated the truck accident fatality rate to be 0.16, which accounted for 188 deaths. According to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety in Georgia, in 2016, 179 people died in truck accidents.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Riverdale
In Riverdale, and throughout the Metro-Atlanta area, truck accidents can be caused by numerous factors. Most commonly, it is driver error that causes accidents. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. we have experience managing truck accident cases involving:
- Distracted Driving
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Driving While Fatigued
- Lane Shifting
- Driving Inappropriately for Conditions
- Uneven or Unsecured Cargo
- Improper Truck Maintenance
- Mechanical Failure
- Driver Inexperience
If you have been injured in a truck accident involving any of these causes, take the time to learn more about your legal rights. You may be entitled to compensation.
Truck Accident Lawsuits in Riverdale
If you were injured due to recklessness or negligence of someone else, then you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Truck accident lawsuits in Georgia can be complicated due to the nature of these accidents and factors unique to the trucking industry. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. we can help you build a strong case and overcome obstacles on your journey to recovery. We can help you with the following elements of a truck accident case:
- Investigation: Following a truck accident, we can help investigate your accident. We will go to the scene and gather information, interview witnesses who were there, and obtain a police report. We will also review any information you obtained immediately after the accident, including photographs, witness statements, or insurance information.
- Filing a Claim: We will help you prepare and file an insurance claim. We will help you communicate with insurance companies. If your claim is denied, then we will work with you through the appeals process.
- Negotiations: We can help with negotiations in several ways. If your insurance claim is denied, or is inadequate, then we will attempt to negotiate a more favorable result. Many personal injury lawsuits settle without going to trial. We will do our best to negotiate a fair settlement, and will make sure that you are not stuck with a settlement that doesn’t cover your losses.
- Trial: If we are not able to secure a favorable settlement, we will take your case to trial. We build every case with the idea that it could go to trial, so you will not have any surprises if this is the end result. We are experienced in managing cases in Georgia courts, and are well aware of the process. We also have numerous resources that can help build and prove your case.
Our goal throughout the legal process is to ensure that your legal rights are protected and that you get the compensation and justice you deserve.
Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
When you are injured in an accident, your priorities are scattered between physical recovery, repairing or replacing damaged property, getting back to work, and making sure your family is taken care of. With a personal injury lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and losses, including:
- Present Medical Expenses
- Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental or Emotional Anguish
- Funeral Expenses (if filing on behalf of a deceased loved one)
The damages you can pursue will depend on the individual facts of your truck accident case. The best way to find out what you may qualify for is to contact the truck accident lawyer in Riverdale at The Dixon Firm, P.C. Schedule a free consultation today.