Athens Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury accidents happen unexpectedly. In a matter of moments, your life is completely changed. You may find yourself battling physical injuries, time away from work, emotional trauma, or worse – you may have lost someone you love in an accident.
Personal injuries take a tremendous toll on your entire family. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. our personal injury lawyer in Athens, GA understands how important it is for you and your family to recover, both physically and financially. Our personal injury attorneys offer legal guidance and support that you and your family can count on.
Personal Injury Claims We Handle
At The Dixon Firm, P.C., our personal injury lawyers have worked with clients in a wide variety of personal injury matters. We understand what it takes to build a case and get results. We have successfully litigated cases involving:
- Auto Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Daycare Injuries
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Premises Liability Claims
- Products Liability Claims
- Rideshare Accidents
- Sexual Assault
- Shooting Injuries
- Stabbing Injuries
- Workplace Accidents
- Wrongful Death
In any of these situations, you may find yourself battling physical injuries, mounting medical bills, and an overall lack of security. The Dixon Firm, P.C. wants you to know that you are not alone.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Athens, GA
When you are injured in an accident, if you file a personal injury claim it will be up to you to prove your claims. By working with a personal injury lawyer at The Dixon Firm, P.C., you can be sure that your legal rights are being upheld, and that your best interests are the heart of the matter. At The Dixon Firm, P.C., we offer each client the following:
- Trustworthiness – Our clients are the most important part of what we do. We offer clients the benefit of research, honesty, and compassion. We believe in getting justice for victims of negligence.
- Knowledge – The personal injury lawyers at The Dixon Firm, P.C. specialize in personal injury law. We know the ins and outs of local, state, and federal laws. We understand how the court will handle your case, and what to expect along the way.
- Resources – Because we have worked on personal injury cases for many years, we have amassed a plethora of helpful resources. We have relationships with experts in a variety of fields who can offer testimony to support your claims. We also have relationships with other lawyers who may offer beneficial advice and legal recommendations.
- Individualized Representation – At The Dixon Firm, P.C., we understand that every case is as different as the client(s) represented. We offer individualized representation that is in your best interests. We know that there is no “cookie-cutter” answer to what your family is experiencing. Therefore, we won’t offer you a generic solution to your legal matter.
- Contingency Fee Schedule – Unlike many law firms, The Dixon Firm, P.C. does not require any payment up front. Every client has the benefit of a free consultation. This consultation allows you to address your concerns, ask questions, and find out if you have an actionable claim.
The Personal Injury Claims Process
If you have been injured in an accident and are filing a personal injury claim, there are a few things you should know about the personal injury claims process. Consider the following:
- There is typically a two-year statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim. That means you typically have two years from the date of your injury to file your claim. After that, you may be prohibited from taking legal action. Statute of limitations calculations can be complicated; a qualified lawyer can help.
- Once a lawsuit is filed, both sides (plaintiff and defendant) will have an opportunity to present evidence, review evidence, ask questions, and request answers. This process can take quite some time. Be patient during this process, and remember that you can always ask your lawyer questions along the way.
- Insurance companies may offer a settlement, but you should not accept one without first contacting a personal injury lawyer. Insurance adjusters will often low-ball victims, offering a claim that is much less than what you deserve.
- Many personal injury claims are settled before going to court. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. we build every case so that whether we settle or take your case to trial, we are prepared to fight for your rights.
What Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Depending on the type of accident and the severity of your injuries, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Current medical expenses
- Anticipated future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Property damage
These are some examples of the common damages pursued in a personal injury claim. The type of damages that you can pursue will depend on the facts of your case. As noted before, every case is unique.
Contact The Dixon Firm, P.C. For a Free Consultation
Get the legal guidance and support you need after a personal injury accident by calling The Dixon Firm, P.C. Let our Athens personal injury lawyer help you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.