Riverdale Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are a far too common occurrence on Metro-Atlanta roadways. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. our car accident lawyer in Riverdale has worked with numerous clients who have been injured in car accidents ranging from fender-benders to catastrophic multi-vehicle accidents. We understand how stressful the aftermath of a car accident is, and we are here to offer legal guidance and support you can count on.
Car Accident Cases We Handle in Riverdale, GA
Whether you are commuting to work on I-285, or are traveling to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, a car accident can happen at any time. At The Dixon Firm, P.C. we represent clients who have been injured in all sorts of car accidents, including:
- Single Vehicle Crashes – An accident involving a single car that collides with a building, tree, guardrail, parked vehicle, or pedestrian.
- Multi-Vehicle Crashes – On crowded roadways, multi-vehicle accidents are quite common. Common accidents include being rear-ended, side-swiped, or pushed into another vehicle.
- Truck Accidents – Accidents involving delivery trucks, dump trucks, tractor-trailers, or other large vehicles.
- Uber/Lyft Accidents – Accidents involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, with an injured victim in the rideshare vehicle, another vehicle, or as a pedestrian.
- DUI Accidents – Accidents involving a driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Distracted Driving Accidents – Another driver was using a cell phone, applying makeup, eating, reading, or using a GPS device.
- Defective Part Accidents – An accident caused by a defective or recalled part.
- Wrongful Death – Accidents involving the death of a loved one.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Some car accidents are classified as minor, and the injuries may seem to be as well. However, even minor trauma to certain parts of the body can result in long-term effects on your health and wellbeing. After a car accident, you should get medical attention for any symptoms of the following common injuries:
- Whiplash – Sudden or forceful movement of the head and neck. This is common when your body is restrained, but your head is not. Whiplash can impact your head, neck, and spine. It can cause problems with your discs, ligaments, and may even cause brain damage.
- Head Trauma – If your head made contact with any object, the steering wheel, dash, or windows, you may have a concussion, skull fracture, internal bleeding, or a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Spine Injury – Your back and neck may be sore or stiff after a car accident, but symptoms of a serious injury may not be immediately apparent. Many spine injuries do not present symptoms until days or even weeks later. Even without serious symptoms, you should get medical care for any back pain or discomfort following a car accident.
- Soft Tissue Injury – It is common to feel sore or stiff after an accident, but these are symptoms you shouldn’t ignore. Soft tissue injuries like sprains, strains, or tears can cause headaches, numbness, inflammation, and sleeping problems.
How Our Car Accident Lawyer in Riverdale Can Help
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you are no doubt feeling stressed out, emotional, and frustrated. You may even feel angry at the person responsible for your injuries. These feelings are completely normal, but they can make the resolution process more complicated.
At The Dixon Firm, P.C. we work with our clients every step of the way so that you can focus on healing and restoration while we tackle protecting your rights and seeking compensation. Our team of attorneys can help you by:
Investigating the Details of Your Auto Accident
Our car accident lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation into your accident, including:
- Sending an investigator to the scene
- Taking photos of property damage
- Interviewing witnesses
- Gathering police reports
- Gathering medical records
Damages refers to the losses or harm you suffered as a result of the car accident. Based on the evidence gathered, our team will calculate the damages you have suffered and place a “value” on your claim. There are two types of damages that may be pursued:
Economic damages are damages relating to medical expenses, lost wages, or property damage, etc.
Non-Economic damages relate to harm suffered, such as pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, mental anguish, etc.
Negotiating with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies operate for-profit, and often they will offer minimal coverage or compensation for car accident claims. At The Dixon Firm, our team will negotiate with insurance companies on all applicable sides to determine if a fair insurance settlement is attainable. If your claims are denied, we will also help you file an appeal, or take further action.
Taking Your Case to Trial
Many car accident claims are settled outside the courtroom, but many others are taken before a judge and jury. It is important that your case is built strong enough for trial. If settlement offers are inadequate, or other factors limit compensation, taking your case to trial may be the best way of securing the compensation you deserve.
Contact The Dixon Firm, P.C. for Skilled Legal Help
After a car accident, get skilled legal help that you can trust to get results. Contact our car accident lawyer in Riverdale to get started down the path to recovery. We offer no-obligation consultations, so you have nothing to lose.